TSEM5430 - Trusts for particular purposes: employment-related trusts - Share Incentive Plans - action in Trust Office
Employee Share Scheme Unit
- Refer to Employee Share Scheme Unit (ESSU), Nottingham Team, 1st Floor, FitzRoy House, Castle Meadow Road, Nottingham, NG2 1BD
- share incentive plans involving shares
- applications for approval
If ESSU approves the Scheme they will send the Trust Office notification, referring you to this instruction.
Action in Trust Office
When you receive notification from ESSU that a scheme has been approved
- set the case up in the normal way (TSEM1410).
- send Employee Share Scheme Unit (ESSU), Nottingham Team, 1st Floor, FitzRoy House, Castle Meadow Road, Nottingham, NG2 1BD a note of the reference number.
- ESSU issue a special return (form 39) for such a plan. But, as this only provides information for that Office, you should note the record for the issue of annual Self-Assessment returns.
- review returns in the normal way.
- refer any doubt or dispute on the trustees’ taxation to Trusts & Estates Technical Team, Edinburgh