TCM0140060 - Miscellaneous (W to Z): Work list items - deletion (Info)
Usually a work item will remain on a work list until
- you take action to clear it
- circumstances have changed and the item no longer needs to be reviewed.
When either of these events happen, the computer automatically deletes the work item from the work list.
The computer deletes some work items
- instantly, so that the cases you clear disappear from the list once you complete your work on them
- periodically during the day, so these cases may not disappear from a particular list instantly
- overnight, therefore the cases you clear on one day will stay on the list until the following day.
Some work lists may draw your attention to a condition that needs reviewing but, when reviewing the case, you won’t necessarily need to
- use an NTC function
- take any particular action.
This sort of entry can’t be automatically deleted from the list.
If you decide after reviewing a work item that no further action is necessary
- use Function MAINTAIN WORKLISTS
- select [Delete] to delete the entry from the list.
Note: If manual deletion of a work item isn’t appropriate on any particular work list, [Delete] won’t be available.
You must take care when manually deleting a work item. Once you’ve deleted a work item, it’s permanently deleted and you won’t be able to check the work item again.
Note: Guidance on how to action entries on a specific work list is detailed in the section to which the work list relates - for example, use TCM0076040 for guidance on how to action entries on the Incomplete Applications work list.