TCM0138020 - Miscellaneous (P to V): Claim or work item - action to take before processing
Changes to previous version - amended guidance. Amendments to steps 5, 6, 7 and removed step 8.
Before you follow this guidance make sure
- you have the correct user roles to follow this guidance. Use the B&C Roles and Access Catalogue. You can find this by going to the Benefits & Credits homepage, selecting ‘R’ on the B&C A-Z index, selecting ‘Roles and Access Process’, selecting ‘Roles & Access Catalogue’ from the Related links menu
- you’re in the correct MU. Use TCM0322460 for the correct MU number
- the correspondence you have is in the correct area. If it isn’t relevant to your area identify the correct area by using the post distribution list.
Note: When sending customer, staff or process data to another individual or team, make sure you follow the latest data security guidelines or contact the Data Guardian or Data Security Team for advice.
Note: You need to work through all of this guidance to make sure you can process the claim or work item you are dealing with.
Check for Compliance activity. Follow the guidance in TCM0134420
If there isn’t any compliance activity or you’re told you can continue to process the claim or work item
- go to Step 2.
Check for identity fraud. Follow the guidance in TCM0134460
If there isn’t any identity fraud
- go to Step 3.
Check if the claim is a Complex case, an A8 case, an A2 case, an EEA case or a Right to Reside case. Follow the guidance in TCM0284140
If the claim isn’t a Complex case, an A8 case, an A2 case, an EEA case or a Right to Reside case
- go to Step 4.
If either message is shown
- refer the claim to the 4WRO Budget Team (This text has been withheld because of exemptions in the Freedom of Information Act 2000)
- go to Step 5.
If neither message is shown, go to Step 6.
Check the status of the claim. For how to do this, use TCM1000025.
If the case is pre-award
- update Application Notes with the action you have taken. For how to do this, use TCM1000028
- take no further action.
If the case is post award
- update Household Notes with the action you have taken. For how to do this, use TCM1000001
- take no further action.
Check Application Notes or Household Notes for any messages about the customer’s preferred method of communication. For how to do this, use TCM1000021 (Application Notes) or TCM1000067 (Household Notes).
If there are any messages about the customer’s preferred method of communication
- take the appropriate action - for example, if message NL01 is present, follow the guidance in Typetalk
- go to Step 7.
If there aren’t any messages about the customer’s preferred method of communication, go to Step 7.
Check Application Notes or Household Notes for any other messages that may affect the action you are going to take. For how to do this, use TCM1000021 (Application Notes) or TCM1000067 (Household Notes). If applicable, take the appropriate action.
For example: if there are any messages from Internal Governance, Quality Assurance Team or Internal Governance Civil Investigations (IGCI), you must speak to that team before taking any action.
then, if there aren’t any other messages that may affect the action you are going to take or you are told you can continue with the case
- return to the guidance you were previously following.