TCM0044120 - Changes - miscellaneous (G-Z): Notifying a change (Info)
A change can be notified by
- the customer
- in the case of a joint claim, the notification of the change may be given by either member of the couple for whom the claim was made
- any person appointed by the Commissioners for HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC) or the Secretary of State for Social Security, to act as an appointee for a customer who is unable to act for themselves.
A change can be reported
- in writing or by fax
- through an electronic interface with other Departments (subject to it being an appropriate office as below)
- by phone
- in person.
The change should be notified to the Tax Credit Office. However, the change can be notified to an appropriate office. An appropriate office means
- Comben House, Farriers Way, Netherton, Merseyside
- any other office specified in writing by the Board.