SW06140 - Create a Room: Create an HMRC Only Room
Any HMRC member of staff with access to Shared Workspace can request to create a Room. The Member creating the Room will need to identify if it is going to be used by HMRC staff only. If only HMRC staff need access to the Room then it must be created as a HMRC Only Room.
Under no circumstances must a Room be created where the HMRC information exceeds a RESTRICTED marking SW03150.
- if a Room is created as an HMRC Only Room, it will never be possible to add a Customer Organisation to that room.
- To help HMRC members distinguish between HMRC Only and Customer Rooms SW06150, the HMRC view of the Room will contain the words ‘HMRC Only’ in the banner, and the banner will also contain a blue cover, see below. (Customer Rooms will have a green banner.)
The member requesting the Room will have to search the Shared Workspace site to ensure that no existing Room meets the same purpose. If none is found the member requesting the Room needs to:
- The new Room details
- Room name
- Room purpose
- Room Type (HMRC-only or HMRC/Customer)
- Business Unit
- Approximate eventual number of members
- Sensitivity flag
- Choose the appropriate Template Room
- Nominate two HMRC Business Authorising Officers (BAOs) for the Room SW05220.
When the Room is approved by the Shared Workspace Live Service Support Team (SW LSST), the service will create the Room.
The SW LSST will create the mandatory custom roles for the Room and Room invitations will be sent to the first two HMRC BAOs. The two HMRC BAOs who are nominated must complete the HMRC BAO Learning package before taking up any BAO duties in the Room.
If the new Room request is rejected the requestor will receive an email stating why.