SPM45610 - Additional Statutory Paternity Pay (ASPP): Conditions for entitlement: The child's adopter (UK adoptions)
In order for a person to receive ASPP they and their spouse, partner or civil partner must have been jointly matched with a child for adoption.
The child’s adopter must have:
- satisfied the qualifying conditions for entitlement to SAP
- taken action to return to work
- signed the declaration form SC8 or equivalent to confirm they intend to return to work and will stop receiving SAP
- taken at least 2 weeks off work after the child was placed with them
- at least 2 weeks of their SAP remaining.