SAM125210 - Returns: returns work lists: w055 failed online amendments
A work item will be entered on the ‘Failed Online Amendments’ Work List where an online amendment is received and
- There is an open or closed enquiry for the return year
- The return does not have a status of captured because
- The return has not been received
- The return has been unlogged
- The return is logged but not yet captured
- A charge for the return year has been created using CREATE RETURN CHARGE
- The amendment relates to a partnership return for which a draft amendment already exists
Note: If an online amendment is received more than 12 months following the statutory due date for that return, a customer service message will advise the customer that the amendment window has closed for that year.
The work list is allocated to both the office with technical responsibility and the office with processing responsibility.
A work item created because there is an open or closed enquiry or where a draft amendment already exists for a partnership return, will be allocated to the work list in the office with technical responsibility and reviewed by a Clerical Case Worker. After reviewing the work item, the Technical office may reallocate it to the Processing office work list if appropriate.
A work item created because the return for the return year does not have a status of captured, will be allocated to the office with processing responsibility and reviewed by a Clerical Processing Officer.
The work items appearing on this work list in both the Technical and Processing offices are for immediate action and the work items must be deleted manually.
Further information on this work list can be found in the section ‘Work management’, subject ‘W055 Failed online amendments’ (SAM71159).