PAYE96215 - Reconcile individual: reconciling CY-6 to CY-2: reconciling multiple years -identifying years covered
Note: Multiple year reconciliations will only be triggered automatically by the system for years 2008-09 and later, see PAYE96201.
Where multiple year reconciliations are triggered
- By the system and the system can, for each year covered by the multiple year reconciliation, identify at least one and up to 5 reasons as to why the customer is over / underpaid
- Tax calculations (P800) for the years concerned will be issued automatically and you will not be able to see them prior to them being issued
- The customer’s Reconciliation and Accounting records will be updated automatically with regard to the tax calculations issued
- By the system and the system for any year covered by the multiple year reconciliation, identifies more than 5 reasons as to why the customer is over / underpaid the case will be output as work item 300 (PAYE93057) for manual review. Where this is so tax calculations (P800) will be issued at the time work item 300 is created and you be able to identify the reasons concerned as part of resolving the work item by selecting the [P800 Reasons] button on the appropriate tax calculations
- Online you will be presented with the Multiple Year Reconciliation Summary screen in which details of the years covered by the reconciliations will be displayed. The screen will only be display until you approve the calculations and issue them (PAYE96225) or you cancel them (PAYE96235) and you will not be able to access / view it at a later date
In the case of both system triggered and online triggered cases, once the calculations are issued you will be able to identify whether or not a particular tax calculation was issued as part of a multiple year reconciliation as the Multiple Year Reconciliation check box on the Tax Calculation screen for the calculation concerned will be checked. When you are called upon to review such a calculation, for example on receipt of an enquiry from a customer, you will need to review all tax calculations issued (PAYE96220) as part of the multiple year reconciliation (that is, all calculations issued on the same date with the Multiple Year Reconciliation check box checked) to obtain a full picture of the case.