INCHP11540 - Procedures: procedure 27: inventory reference selection facility within CHIEF
Inventory Reference Selection is a means by which Law enforcement staff can input details of a consignment that is due to arrive at their location. They require to do this in real-time, by passing the normal routing for data load. The system will select any entry to Route 1 or 2 that are input against the particular reference. 'Fuzzy Matching' can be employed if the full Inventory Consignment Reference details are not known. More information about test and matching can be found in CHIEF User Guide 420 Chapter 7.
First time usage
Using the role appropriate to your site for creation of Customs checks and profiles:
- select transaction AEXC and depress the return key
- insert External Condition '000' in the External Condition field and depress the return key
- if not already completed, insert 'Description' and 'Contact' information in the relevant fields
- in the attribute field insert 'INVY-CNSGT-REF'
- in the test field insert the required test, ie:
- 'EQ'(Equal) where the full reference number is known, or
- 'CO' (Contains) for a 'fuzzy match' where the full reference number is not known.
In the value field enter the full inventory consignment number or if using test 'CO' enter part of the ICR number that is known. The characters input to box 40 of the entry will be compared position by position with the characters entered in the value field. It is not necessary for every character of the box 40 field to be known to obtain a match. Question marks can be used to assist when only part of an inventory reference is known.
Note: Try to avoid using question marks, as this will over-select, use as much detail as possible.
In the command field enter 'COMM' and press the return key. Above the command key option CHIEF will advise when the External Condition has been successfully committed.
To amend an existing profile:
- select transaction APRS and press the return key
- enter the relevant Customs Check Code, Profile reference number, and where appropriate, the Profile Identity, in the relevant fields and press the return key
- assign the External Condition to the profile by entering External Condition '000' in the External Condition field
- in the command field ender 'COMM' and press the return key.
CHIEF will advise the user, above the command options, when the External Condition has been successfully committed.
For a new profile, using the role appropriate to your site, a Customs Check must be created first, by means of transaction code ICSC, followed by the creation of the profile using transaction IPRS. The External Condition '000' can be inserted under transaction IPRS.
If arrival of the import is imminent, contact the CHIEF 'Help Desk' and request an ad hoc run of BPRL. Or wait until this is run automatically overnight.
Following the instructions where External Condition '000' has been successfully committed, providing it has been assigned to the required profile where others already exist, there is no need to wait for a run of BPRL to make the changes effective.
Note: External Condition '000' can only be used for Inventory Reference Selection. It is not an additional condition for general use.