IHTM18304 - BES/EIS/VCT/EZ/Property Enterprise Trust: how to value the investments
Venture Capital Trusts
- the same as (or higher than) the quoted price, you may accept the value returned
- lower than the quoted price, you should ask for an explanation and then refer the response to SAV to consider.
BES/BSS/EIS/EZ/Property Enterprise Trust
Shares and Assets Valuation (IHTM18141) (SAV) deal with all necessary valuations of these investments and may be able to assist with other questions relating to the schemes. Once you have all the necessary information (IHTM18303), send Val70 (IHTM18151) to SAV (This text has been withheld because of exemptions in the Freedom of Information Act 2000)
Investments by way of a managed Fund or Scheme
- Send only one Val 70 for the Fund or Scheme, giving the year and/or number of the fund (not fund manager), and attach a schedule of all the shareholdings involved.
- Mark the Val 70 for SAV Team 1A.
- Attach a copy of all the relevant details from the taxpayer or account.
Investments not under a managed Fund or Scheme
- Complete a separate Val 70 for each investment.
- Indicate clearly on the form whether the company is BSS, BES, EIS, EZ or Property Enterprise Trust.
- Mark the form for the attention of SAV Team 1A only if
- the investment is in a Property Enterprise Trust or
- there is a guaranteed exit price or
- there is a loan back facility.