DMBM875090 - RLS: direct taxes procedures: Tax Credits - sole applications / joint applications where both RLS
Before passing a case to DMB Tracing Group for specialised trace action DMO staff should ensure that the following initial address trace actions are undertaken.
Initial address trace
- check the IDMS record for a useable address (Business, Recovery and so on)
- check Taxpayers Business Service (TBS) for an alternative address
- telephone any available telephone numbers noted on IDMS, TBS and NTC systems
- in joint applicant cases, telephone the other claimant to obtain a new address and/or any relevant information
- telephone any agent noted as acting.
New address not traced
Where a new address has not been traced
- set the RLS signal on both TBS and IDMS.
- record an Action History note on IDMS detailing any relevant information obtained
- check IDMS to ensure that all addresses are noted as RLS and that case appears on the C/W RLS role. Note: The exception to this is where the case already appears on an IDMS enforcement role. In these circumstances the case should be transferred to Tracing Group under the enforcement role
- transfer the case to Tracing Group as follows
- ensure no work items are highlighted on IDMS
- click on the Lorry
- enter the destination office numeral 397025 (Cumbernauld)
- select the radio button [T/P/HH & all worklist items](second one down)
- click on OK.