CTM80110 - Groups: group relief: reliefs which may be claimed
ICTA88/S403 (1), (2) and (3)
The following can be surrendered and claimed as group relief:
- Trading losses (CTM80115).
- Excess capital allowances (CTM80120).
- Non-trading deficits on loan relationships (CTM80125).
- Excess charges (CTM80130).
- Schedule A losses (CTM80135).
- Excess management expenses (CTM80140).
- Non-trading losses on intangible fixed assets (CTM80141).
Trading losses, excess capital allowances and non-trading deficits on loan relationships may be surrendered in full. This is irrespective of whether the surrendering company has other profits against which the loss etc might have been, but has not been, set off.
Excess charges, Schedule A losses, excess management expenses and non-trading losses on intangible fixed assets may only be surrendered to the extent that they exceed other profits of the surrendering company. For more detail about this see CTM80142.