CTM40750 - Particular bodies: Lloyd's underwriting agents

A ‘Lloyd’s underwriting agent’ is a person who acts as the manager for syndicates of underwriting members (‘Names’). An agent may be an individual, a partnership or a company. Large Business Service (Financial Sector), to whom cases should be referred, now deals with all Lloyd's underwriting agents.