Index CFM1000 - Overview of the Corporate Finance Manual
The Corporate Finance Manual (CFM) contains HM Revenue and Customs guidance on the corporation tax treatment of corporate finance. In summary, the CFM deals with the taxation of the following.
- Loan relationships: profits and losses, including interest and expenses, arising on lending and borrowing money.
- Derivative contracts: profits and losses arising on the various types of financial instruments known as derivatives - mainly, futures, forwards, options, and swaps.
- Foreign exchange: profits and losses arising on transactions other than in sterling.
- Other tax rules relating to the corporation tax treatment of corporate finance.
- Debt cap: the rules introduced in Finance Act 2009 to restrict interest relief for UK companies by reference to the financing costs of the worldwide group.
|CFM1100||Introduction to the Corporate Finance Manual|
|CFM10000||Understanding corporate finance|
|CFM20000||Accounting for corporate finance|
|CFM40000||Deemed loan relationships|
|CFM70000||Other tax rules on corporate debt|
There is an International Financial glossary in the International Manual at INTM539000.