Quality of Disclosure
We cannot publish a person's name if they earn the full penalty reduction for quality of disclosure for each relevant penalty.
This reduction reflects the extent to which the person
- tells us about the default
- helps us to quantify the tax effect of the default, and
- gives us access to books, records and other relevant documents.
If the person earns the full reduction for each of these three elements of disclosure (100% in total) they will incur the minimum penalty for that deliberate default.
If there is more than one relevant penalty and the person does not earn the full quality of disclosure penalty reduction for each one, we can publish their name and details about all the relevant penalties.
If you need more information about penalty reductions for each of the relevant penalties go to
- CH82430 (inaccuracies)
- CH73220 (failure to notify)
- CH94850 (VAT & Excise wrongdoings)
Click here to return to Section 94 Finance Act 2009.