Potential Lost Revenue
We can only publish the person's name and other details if the potential lost revenue (PLR) for
- the relevant penalty, and/or
- all the relevant penalties
in the compliance check adds up to more than £25,000. If the PLR is £25,000 or less we cannot publish the person's details.
You include the PLR for all the relevant penalties in your compliance check provided that they relate to
- tax periods beginning on or after 1 April 2010
- failures or wrongdoings that occurred on or after 1 April 2010.
PLR is calculated in different ways depending upon the nature of the deliberate default. You must calculate the PLR using the rules for the particular penalty. If you need the rules, you will find them at
- CH82150+ (inaccuracies)
- CH72600+ (failure to notify)
- CH94200+ (VAT & Excise wrongdoings).
Click here to return to Section 94 Finance Act 2009.