Entering your details
You will now be asked to enter five pieces of information about your business. You can find the first three on your Certificate of Registration (VAT4) and the other two on your last submitted VAT Return.
- Your VAT registration number.
- The postcode of your principal place of business (if you're an overseas business use the postcode shown on your VAT4 Certificate of Registration).
- Your effective date of registration for VAT. (These first three pieces of information are on your Certificate of Registration). You can also find your date of registration on your Notice to submit VAT Returns online and pay VAT electronically if you’ve received one. If you have misplaced or lost your VAT4, you can ask HMRC to send you confirmation of the date of registration by completing an online form at Question about an online service - please complete the online form as directed.
- The final month of the last VAT Return you submitted (if you haven’t yet submitted a return, then select N/A).
- The 'Box 5' figure from the last VAT Return you submitted (if you haven’t yet submitted a return, then enter 0, that is, zero).
- If the last VAT Return was a repayment return, enter the figure without the minus sign or the bracket.