Sign up for email reminders
If you submit your VAT Return online you can opt to receive an email reminder to let you know when your VAT Return is due. This email reminder will help you to make sure that you submit your returns and pay any VAT due on time.
If you want to set up this reminder facility:
- Go to the homepage of HMRC's website www.hmrc.gov.uk and, from the 'Do it online' section on the left, follow the 'Log in' link
- Under the heading 'Registered user' select the service you wish to use
- In the 'Existing users' section on the left, enter your User ID and password. Then select 'Login' and you'll be taken to the 'Your HMRC services' page. Select the 'Access service' link for VAT.
- Under 'Maintain email address' follow the 'Add email address' link.
- You'll be taken to 'Your information' page, under the VAT messages section follow the 'Add email address' link.