Introduction to signing up for online services
Signing up for HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC) Online Services is straightforward and includes safeguards to protect your clients' privacy to make sure their details are secure.
Why sign up for online services?
Depending on the service, you can:
- file forms and returns quickly and securely
- view statutory notices and reminders on behalf of your clients
- receive acknowledgements that your clients' information has been received safely
- make sure your clients receive faster repayments if HMRC owes them money
- view your clients' statements and details of liabilities and payments
- set up authorisations for the majority of your clients without the need for submitting paper forms 64-8s or FBI 2s
- receive email reminders
What do I have to do?
Before you start, make sure that you have all your relevant reference number(s) together - more information on this will be given later in this demonstration.
Go to www.hmrc.gov.uk the homepage of HMRC's website and follow the link to 'Tax agents & advisers' next to the Search option at the top of the page.
Then click on 'Sign up for HMRC Online Services for agents' under the 'Do it online' heading on the right of the page.
You will then be asked to select the specific service(s) you want to use.