I want to change the account
my Child Benefit is paid into
It is important that you read the information below before you change the
account your Child Benefit is paid into.
About Child Benefit payments direct into an account
We pay Child Benefit directly into a bank, building society or Post Office®
card account because:
- it is safe and secure
- it is convenient – you decide when and how much you want to withdraw
- using an account may help you save
- from some accounts you could have regular bills paid. This could save
you money but you will need to make sure that there is enough money in
your account to pay the bills. If not, you may be charged a fee
- you can get your money from many different places, some accounts will
allow you to use cash machines to withdraw cash at any time of the day
The account can be:
- in your name
- in the name of your partner
- in the names of both yourself and your partner
- in the names of both yourself and the person acting on your behalf
- in the name of someone acting on your behalf.
Finding out how much is paid into the account
We will tell you when the first payment will be made, and how much it is
for. You can check your Child Benefit payments on your account statements.
On some statements your Child Benefit number may be shown next to the payments
you have received. If you think your payment is wrong, please contact us.
If not enough money is paid into the account
We will either make another payment or add the money we owe to your next
payment and we will contact you to let you know what we are going to do.
If we pay too much money into the account
For example, if you give us some information which means you are entitled
to less money but we do not have time to change your regular payment, you
will have to pay back any money that you are not entitled to.
want to change the account where my Child Benefit is paid into