Tax on rental income if you rent out a room for London 2012

If you're considering renting out your accommodation during the 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games, make sure you check whether you have to pay tax on the income.

Renting out a room in your home

Under the Rent a Room scheme you can receive up to £4,250 a year tax-free if you rent out a furnished room in a residential property.

Find out more about the Rent a Room scheme on the GOV.UK website (Opens new window)

Renting out your home

If you're thinking about renting out your home and living elsewhere during the Games, any profits you receive are worked out and taxed as residential property lettings.

Find out more about paying tax on rent from residential property lettings on the GOV.UK website (Opens a new window)